Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New Beginnings

So, I've decided to start my blogging again. A lot has changed since I first started. So I deleted all those boring old posts. Starting over. :)

I've recently moved into my very own house!!!


It is still a work in progress and I've been reluctant to post the "after" pictures yet because there's still so much that's a mess and undone. We began replacing all the interior doors this past weekend so even doors don't have knobs right now!!! I never thought moving would be this complicated!!!

My biggest projects right now are the kitchen and spare bedrooms. There's still some painting that needs to be done in the kitchen and most of my clothes are in plastic tubs and all over the spare bedroom. I'm hoping to get those things done this weekend. Maybe things will start to feel more complete.

But the thing I'm most excited about is having a place to sew again!!! While I was living with my boyfriend and his roommate, there was no sewing to be done. Now, I share my sewing space with our "office." Which means one corner of the room has our computer desk and the rest of the room is comsumed with my sewing stuff. I never knew how much stuff I had, until I had to pack it all up. It took my whole car and my mom's whole car just to move my sewing stuff!!

SO.... I've been following Angela at Fussy Cut while she's doing the Farmers' Wife Quilt Along. My oh, so thoughtful mommy bought me the book for Valentine's Day!!!

I can't wait to start!!! Angela does 2 blocks per week. I think I might try to do that as well. That way, I don't get overwhelmed. But still get some sewing done each week too!!

That's all for now. Hopefully I can keep this up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment